California is an at-fault state. This means if you get injured in a car accident in LA, or anywhere in the state, the at-fault party can be held liable for your condition. You can file an insurance claim with their insurer, seeking compensation for your suffering and losses. In California, you can recover both economic and noneconomic damages. So, should you consider hiring one of car accident attorneys Los Angeles? In this post, we are sharing five reasons why you may want to engage a lawyer.
- Because time is limited. The statute of limitations in California allows just two years to file personal injury lawsuits after a car accident. If you don’t act in time, you may lose out on important evidence and proving your case. Hire an accident attorney, so that you don’t have to deal with everything on your own.
- Because California follows the “pure comparative negligence” rule. If you were injured but have part fault in causing the accident, you can still ask for compensation. Your eventual settlement will be reduced by percentage of your share in fault. However, this also means that the other party can file a lawsuit when you are responsible to an extent. The “pure comparative negligence” rule can sound overwhelming, so consider talking to an accident lawyer.
- Because insurance companies are not working for you. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses. If they know their client was at fault, they may make an offer immediately, but that’s likely to be way lesser than what you deserve. You need an accident attorney, who can negotiate on your behalf. They can deal with the claims adjuster, while you recover from your injuries.
- Because it doesn’t cost anything to consult an accident attorney. Even the top accident attorneys in LA will be happy to offer a free consultation session for new clients. The first meeting is important, because you get to discuss a lot of things in detail, and the lawyer can guide on whether you have a valid claim.
- Because your claim is probably undervalued. The impact of a car accident on your life may not be immediately apparent. You need a lawyer, who can evaluate and estimate the actual losses you have suffered, which also includes loss of wages and lost future earnings.
Check online for car accident lawyers and law firms in LA now. Schedule the first meeting with an accident attorney immediately after your accident.